Horizon University enables students seeking Christ-centered instruction to develop critical thinking skills, a broad knowledge base, and a biblically integrated understanding of their vocation, so that they will successfully inspire servant leadership as they excel in their profession and as they win and disciple others for Christ.
Our students will be prepared to do the following upon graduation.
- Succeed in their chosen profession
- Engage minds, whether in their workplace, graduate school, or the global community
- Win a person to Jesus Christ
- Disciple a person in Jesus Christ and
- Send a person for Jesus Christ
We will know that our Goals are being met when the following Indicators are achieved.
- Attain insight into the gifts, talents, and individual calling for which Christ laid hold of them
- Be passionate servant leaders who make a difference serving as leaders in the church and marketplace
- Effectively contextualize and share the gospel in the workplace
- Apply a biblical worldview to academics
- Exhibit sound academic skills and professional effectiveness
- Be passionate to bring God’s love for people of every culture into every facet of daily life
- Develop a heart for reaching out to the lost
- Seize opportunities to share the gospel
- Humbly articulate a reasoned defense of the faith
- Be discipled that they may effectively disciple others
- Model the character of Jesus at home, at work, and in the marketplace
- Acquire the skills needed to make disciples who can make more disciples
- Serve Jesus Christ in the church
- Commit to a lifetime of participation in building up the church and providing a witness to the world
- Demonstrate a lifestyle of winning, discipling, and sending others