Masters in Arts (MA), Biblical Studies
Overview and What you Will Learn
Many Christians from church leaders to Bible teachers, seek to study God’s Word in-depth. The accredited MA, Biblical Studies program at Horizon U fulfills that desire. In addition to continuing your personal growth in Christ, this graduate-level program deepens Bible knowledge and adds confidence for those in teaching or ministerial roles.
The 37-credit hour, graduate program is offered entirely online. This makes it flexible for you to achieve goals academically without losing touch with family, church and job.
The program curriculum makes in-depth study of the Bible its priority with courses in:
- Old Testament (OT) Survey and individual OT book studies
- New Testament (NT) Survey and individual NT book studies
- Bible Study methods and interpretation
The coursework also includes classes in theology, church history, global missions and apologetics.
Purpose and Goals of the MA, Biblical Studies Program at Horizon University
- “In simple terms, we plan to give more Christian leaders a deeper understanding of the Scriptures. Ultimately, we hope to multiply disciples who share our commitment to the Word of God.” -Horizon University President, Randall Dodge, PhD/JD
- Increase biblical knowledge to an advanced level, along with interpretive skills and theological depth.
- Develop and apply attitudes, values and beliefs which are consistent with transformed Christian character.
- Integrate a deeper biblical understanding with hands-on ministry experience that prepares the student to serve the body of Christ in a leadership and/or teaching role.
- Develop a missional Christian worldview to win, disciple and send others for Jesus Christ in increasingly globalized organizations and communities.