The Application Process
Step One: Information Meeting
Ready to take the first step in completing your degree with Horizon U? Contact our Director of Admissions to set up an initial information meeting.
During this informational meeting we’ll answer questions about:
- Horizon University Overview
- Selecting your Degree Options (on campus/online)
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Next Steps for Admissions
To request an information meeting, Contact our Director of Admissions using the information on this page. Information meetings will be scheduled by virtual online sessions or by phone on Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST
(evenings and other times available upon request).
Step Two: Application
After your Informational Meeting (or even right now if you’re ready!), it’s time to start the application process. Before a prospective student can be admitted to the University or register for classes, he or she must complete the following:
1) Complete the online application, including payment of the one-time non-refundable $50.00 application fee (degree/credit seeking).
2) Submit all required elements of the application, including:
- High School transcript for applicants with no prior higher education experience beyond high school completion.
- All official transcripts from previously attended schools that will be considered for transfer credits
- Two completed personal reference forms submitted directly to the University
- A 300-word writing sample within the application form that includes your educational goals and either a testimony of your Christian experience or your understanding of personal spirituality
- Acceptance of the Financial Agreement and Social and Behavioral Standards as part of the application
3) Participate in a formal Admissions Interview. Note: This interview is only scheduled after you have completed steps 1 and 2 above.
“Wait for an acceptance email from our HorizonU team!
While you wait… consider filling out the FAFSA if you are relying on financial aid. This application must be completed prior to registration for classes.”
Registration & Orientation
“After completing your application materials and receiving acceptance, you are now ready to enroll in classes!”