The Application Process
Step One: Information Meeting
Ready to take the first step in completing your degree with Horizon U? Complete the form to set up an initial information meeting with our registration team.
During this informational meeting we’ll answer questions about:
- Horizon University Overview
- Selecting your Degree Options (on campus/online)
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Next Steps for Admissions
To request an information meeting, complete the form on this page. Information meetings will be scheduled by virtual online sessions or by phone on Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST
(evenings and other times available upon request).
Step Two: Application
After your Informational Meeting (or even right now if you’re ready!), it’s time to start the application process. Before a prospective student can be admitted to the University or register for classes, he or she must complete the following:
1) Complete the online application, including payment of the one-time non-refundable $50.00 application fee (degree/credit seeking).
2) Submit all required elements of the application, including:
- All official transcripts from previously attended schools that will be considered for transfer credits
- Two completed personal reference forms submitted directly to the University
- A 300-word writing sample within the application form that includes your educational goals and either a testimony of your Christian experience or your understanding of personal spirituality
- Acceptance of the Financial Agreement and Social and Behavioral Standards as part of the application
3) Participate in a formal Admissions Interview. Note: This interview is only scheduled after you have completed steps 1 and 2 above.
4) All new students must attend a New Student Orientation prior to the first day of classes.
5) Register for classes online during the two weeks prior to the start of the term. Use your DPR Course Registration Roadmap provided to you during the Admissions process to determine which classes to select for enrollment.
If the applicant will be relying on financial aid, the application for Financial Aid must be completed prior to registration for classes.
Individuals planning to only audit classes must complete the following:
- Speak with an Admissions representative by phone or through an online informational meeting to discuss your interest in auditing classes
- Complete the online application titled “Course Audit Application (not for credit)”
- Pay a one-time online application fee ($25)
- Submit a class registration “Add/Drop/Withdraw” form to the Administrative Office to specify the class(es) you want to audit (“Add”)
- Submit course audit fee ($120) along with the technology fee for online classes ($50) when submitting the course registration form.
Step Three: Admissions Interview & Orientation
After successfully completing your application you will participate in a formal Admissions Interview. Note: This interview is only scheduled after you have completed the steps above.
Finally, all new students must attend New Student Orientation prior to the first day of classes.
Please note if the applicant will be relying on financial aid, the application for Financial Aid must be completed prior to registration for classes.